Professional belly burning clinic

My photo
St Francis, Eastern cape/Garden route area, South Africa
Medically based beauty and health clinic providing free online confidential consultations conducted by certified doctors. As professional on the net as were are at our clinic. As efficient as I have ever been.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Religion and science

I am not a religious nut head, neither am I an atheist/agnostic etc. An average guy in theatre or consultation room if you were persistent enough about my profile I would say.

I don’t forgive because I suddenly feel possessed by the Holy Spirit for example, not even compulsion to be party to communal wave of Christianity we see after every false healing claims on TV.
I forgive because I can’t carry the cross of vengeance and slow my progress through life no more, not for anybody, not even somebody who really hurt me.
It is me and me all the way, objective snob. I don’t do anything that doesn’t add to me as a person.
An altruistic act I have to add is very fulfilling for me too, forget the recipient. He or she could have been a stone if the stone did benefit from the act and I would care less. I have never had to look at anything other than me, God imaged created organism, to explain anything.

The fact though that a group of selected sample of USA patients prayed for by monks in India got a significantly better outcome post-operatively compared to a control group, makes me uncomfortable about my objective stance. 
The selected patients in the group did not even know about the prayer study. They in fact were double blinded, transatlantic, transcultural, probably language barrier'd and trans religion.

Better outcomes in any religious group praying as a study sample whether pre and post op is expected without even invoking supernatural power.
Better post-operative outcomes from the many of other studies are even easier to explain. This are group prayers, emotion placebo and all.
 
Difficult to wave away part is this Indian/American transatlantic group. Energy beyond what we can explain is responsible for the effect.

Belief has to be swallowed whole without chewing as Jesus expects us to. I have a long way to go in that. 
The evidence though is palpable and difficult to keep down. Nothing looney about it. 
There has to be something in prayer before one gets tipped into mesolimbic dopamine imbalance. We are missing something in a prayer as science. Probably black hole substancial.

I am created in His image and none of what I am can justifiably be intrinsically wrong. Scientists are children of God as well, probably more so than wacko artists and psychopaths with a median nerve for a brain.

We don’t need a burning tree, a lightning strike or pastor Chris to falsify anything for that matter. We need more of such studies, plain scientific and double blinded to forge religious frontiers ahead. 
More of such could move the image of religion away from obsessive compulsive nuts to a more balanced forebrain intellectuals. We surely couldn’t have been given a brain to hand back to our maker brand new.

If  biochemistry and physiology of and health are the elements of every mix, then results are assured

No comments:

Post a Comment